Working for a U.S based company provides you with the experience necessary to develop expertise in your field. Working for a US based company, helps you become more competitive. Professional work experience in the US can help demonstrate to employers that you have an advanced portfolio of transferable skills, an understanding, and appreciation of the international world.

Working for a U.S based company helps you become more competitive.

Visa Options

The E-3 classification applies only to nationals of Australia. You must be coming to the United States solely to perform services in a specialty occupation. The specialty occupation requires theoretical and practical application of a body of knowledge in professional fields and at least the attainment of a bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent, as a minimum for entry into the occupation in the United States.
The job must meet one of the following criteria to qualify as a specialty occupation:
Bachelor’s or higher degree or its equivalent is normally the minimum entry requirement for the position
The degree requirement for the job is common to the industry or the job is so complex or unique that it can be performed only by an individual with a degree
The employer normally requires a degree or its equivalent for the position
The nature of the specific duties is so specialized and complex that the knowledge required to perform the duties is usually associated with the attainment of a bachelor’s or higher degree.*
For you to qualify to accept a job offer in a specialty occupation you must meet one of the following criteria:
Have completed a U.S. bachelor’s or higher degree required by the specific specialty occupation from an accredited college or university
Hold a foreign degree that is the equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s or higher degree in the specialty occupation
Hold an unrestricted state license, registration, or certification which authorizes you to fully practice the specialty occupation and be engaged in that specialty in the state of intended employment
Have education, training, or progressively responsible experience in the specialty that is equivalent to the completion of such a degree, and have recognition of expertise in the specialty through progressively responsible positions directly related to the specialty.**


An R-1 is a foreign national who is coming to the United States temporarily to be employed as a minister or in another religious vocation or occupation at least part time (average of at least 20 hours per week) by:

A non-profit religious organization in the United States;
A religious organization that is authorized by a group tax exemption holder to use its group tax exemption; or
A non-profit religious organization which is affiliated with a religious denomination in the United States.


The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) created special economic and trade relationships for the United States, Canada and Mexico. The TN nonimmigrant classification permits qualified Canadian and Mexican citizens to seek temporary entry into the United States to engage in business activities at a professional level.
Among the types of professionals who are eligible to seek admission as TN nonimmigrants are accountants, engineers, lawyers, pharmacists, scientists, and teachers. You may be eligible for TN nonimmigrant status, if:

You are a citizen of Canada or Mexico;
Your profession qualifies under the regulations;
The position in the United States requires a NAFTA professional;
You have a prearranged full-time or part-time job with a U.S. employer (but not self-employment – see documentation required below); and
ou have the qualifications to practice in the profession in question.


Personalized, Immigration Legal Services In New York

Contact Us

Yao Law Group

1270 Broadway, Ste. 407,
New York, NY 10001


+1 646 490 8808
+1 917 587 9189


Hear From Elektra!

Email Subscriber

Scroll to Top