Keeping family together is extremely important. US citizens and lawful permanent residents can bring over their fiancé(e), spouses, children, parents, and other family members through the appropriate family-based immigrant visa process.

Keep your family together.

Green Card Options

If you are an immediate relative of a US citizen, you can become a lawful permanent resident (get a Green Card) based on your family relationship if you meet certain eligibility requirements. You are an immediate relative if you are:

The spouse of a US citizen;
The unmarried child under 21 years of age of a US citizen; or
The parent of a US citizen (if the US citizen is 21 years of age or older).

US immigration law allows a US citizen to petition for a foreign national fiancé(e) to obtain a K-1 nonimmigrant visa to travel to the United States and seek admission. Within 90 days after being admitted as a K-1 nonimmigrant, the foreign national must enter into a bona fide marriage with the US citizen who filed the Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), on his or her behalf.
After being admitted to the United States as a K-1 nonimmigrant and marrying the US citizen petitioner within 90 days, the foreign national spouse can then apply for lawful permanent resident status in the United States (get a Green Card).
Message Input
Message Sanam

Under the federal Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), you may be eligible to become a lawful permanent resident (get a Green Card) if you are the victim of battery or extreme cruelty committed by:

A US citizen spouse or former spouse;
A US citizen parent;
A US citizen son or daughter;
A lawful permanent resident (LPR) spouse or former spouse; or
An LPR parent.

Personalized, Immigration Legal Services In New York

Contact Us

Yao Law Group

1270 Broadway, Ste. 407,
New York, NY 10001


+1 646 490 8808
+1 917 587 9189


Hear From Elektra!

Email Subscriber

Scroll to Top