Elektra B. Yao
Rated by Super Lawyers

loading ...


By November 15, 2018

Keeping family togeather is extremely important. US citizens and lawful permanent residents can bring over their fiancé(e), spouses, children, parents, and other family members through the appropriate family-based immigrant visa process.

Keep your family together.

Green Card Options

Immediate relative of a US citizen:

If you are an immediate relative of a US citizen, you can become a lawful permanent resident (get a Green Card) based on your family relationship if you meet certain eligibility requirements. You are an immediate relative if you are:

The spouse of a US citizen;
The unmarried child under 21 years of age of a US citizen; or
The parent of a US citizen (if the US citizen is 21 years of age or older).

Green Card for Fiancé(e) of US Citizen:

US immigration law allows a US citizen to petition for a foreign national fiancé(e) to obtain a K-1 nonimmigrant visa to travel to the United States and seek admission. Within 90 days after being admitted as a K-1 nonimmigrant, the foreign national must enter into a bona fide marriage with the US citizen who filed the Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), on his or her behalf.
After being admitted to the United States as a K-1 nonimmigrant and marrying the US citizen petitioner within 90 days, the foreign national spouse can then apply for lawful permanent resident status in the United States (get a Green Card).
Message Input
Message Sanam

Green Card for VAWA Self-Petitioner:

Under the federal Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), you may be eligible to become a lawful permanent resident (get a Green Card) if you are the victim of battery or extreme cruelty committed by:

A US citizen spouse or former spouse;
A US citizen parent;
A US citizen son or daughter;
A lawful permanent resident (LPR) spouse or former spouse; or
An LPR parent.

Personalized, Immigration Legal Services in New York

Profile Evaluation